Community Solutions develops effective solutions to homelessness that can be shared broadly. We convene local leaders, non-profits, businesses, and public agencies to create a national network to end homelessness and strengthen communities. Our work is defined by partnership and meaningful collaboration.
CS offers its partners innovative solutions, leadership and encouragement to grow their capacity to end homelessness and create healthier communities.
- Research. We provide data, research and thought leadership to influence attitudes, practices and policies that address homelessness.
- Coaching. We coordinate the 100,000 Homes Campaign, which provides training and strategies for ending homelessness in a growing network of communities across the country.
- Partnerships. We share our real estate and community-based service solutions to develop and execute specific, high-impact projects.
- Communications. We leverage social media and other communications tools for ongoing, crowd-sourced civic problem solving.
- Support. We galvanize communities to action and reinforce their resolve to end homelessness.
Los Angeles - In a corner of downtown Los Angeles the neighborhood name says it all: Skid Row. Also known as Central City East, this four square mile area is said to have the highest number of homeless residents in the country.Skid Row is also a landmark example of how Community Solutions brings a practical, results-oriented approach to resolving homelessness in any community.
New York - When 100,000 Homes Campaign volunteers met Elaine, she had been sleeping on the streets of Denver for 10 years. She used to hide under cardboard boxes to avoid the threat of violence. One night, while she slept, an angry passerby kicked her in the face. With the help of Campaign partner Denver's Road Home, Elaine and her dog, Stinker, moved into an apartment. Today, she can lock her doors and finally sleep in peace.